Uncorking with a white bros E series pipe

4 replies to this topic
  • REX68

Posted April 04, 2005 - 11:26 AM

I have a 03 650R that Im in the middle of uncorking, did the jets and am waiting for the 49 state manifold to arive via mail.
Now everything I read about uncorking talks about drilling out the EPA stuff with a hole saw on the stock pipe. When I bought my bike used, it had the W.B. E series on it (just the rear can) and I didnt get any info on it. My question is do I need to take any discs out? Oh yea, Im in California so I have the smog pump. Should I buy a block off kit or can I do this without buying some after market kit?
Any advice would be greatly appriciated.Thanks, Rex

• Ramcc4x4

Posted April 04, 2005 - 01:16 PM

I run an "E" Series on my 2002 XR650R. I do recommend the smog block off. Here is what I've learned with my bike:

With the White Bros header, "E" Series, Quiet Core insert (IMPORTANT if you're sound tested!!) and 12 discs = 96.0 db

Same as above with 10 discs = 94.4 db.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • REX68

Posted April 04, 2005 - 02:32 PM

Thanks, I usually ride in the Anza Borrego desert and have never seen Rangers checking for sound.

• LEWISCLAN

Posted April 05, 2005 - 08:26 AM

check out this site xr650r@yahoo.com

• REX68

Posted April 08, 2005 - 06:23 PM

Finally completed the un-corking and took the bike out for a ride yesterday and wow, it gave me quite a workout. My buddy was on his YZ 250 and he was in ahh of the BRP. Thanks for all the tips.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.