03 WR 450 Starter Gear Update

3 replies to this topic
  • 737Captain

Posted April 04, 2005 - 09:50 AM

I just did the update on my bike after breaking two side covers and being left stranded in the woods. I have really lost confidence in my bike because of this. Can I trust that this will not happen again? Im planning a Mexico trip and need to know that this fix is the answer and that I can trust my bike not to break down again.

Has anyone had any problems since this "fix". And by the way, thanks to those that turned me onto the link for the step by step instructions and parts list for the update.

• BajaFool

Posted April 04, 2005 - 11:17 AM

I assume that you are referring to installing 04 gears in your 03. I was one of the first to upgrade my 03 starter system to the 04 gears. No problems to report after a year and a half of hard Mexico riding. :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetbikePimp

Posted April 04, 2005 - 11:52 AM

I too also have 04 starter gears in my 03. No problems with the starting after 1 full year of racing abuse.

• ddialogue

Posted April 04, 2005 - 12:22 PM

It's been over a year since I did the upgrade and no more woodruff key failures for me... :naughty:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.