Leak Jet?????04 Yz450

6 replies to this topic
  • dunecj2a

Posted April 03, 2005 - 08:18 PM

A while back there was a post about the Boysen Acc pump cover and jetting changes that were supposed to make similar results. Anyways someone posted that changing the leak jet from a 70 to a 60 was supposed too have the same results.
All I can say is that I have an 04 450 and that jet is no where to be found in my floatbowl. I'm not sure about 03 450's, 250's or WR's but my bike does not have a leak jet. Someone posted a pic of where it's located and my doesn't have one.
Anyone else run into the same thing?

• DPW

Posted April 04, 2005 - 06:52 AM

I "think" the leak jet in the YZ450 was new for '05

• Ga426owner

Posted April 04, 2005 - 07:32 AM

No leakjet in a 2003 YZF450 - not sure about 05 :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mighty_Whitey

Posted April 09, 2005 - 03:42 PM

Yeah, I read the posts in here about the Boyesen Quick Shot cover and I also read the post by Jesse James that said you can achieve the same results by simply getting a #10 smaller leak jet. So off I go and order the leak jet for my 2004 YZ450f, purchase it, pull my carb apart and.....viola!!! NO LEAK JET.

uhhhhh........gee thanks. :naughty:

So I guess someone forgot to say that replacing your leak jet will ONLY work on certain YZxxxF's that have a leak jet. Has anyone been smart enough to populate a list that shows all the FCR carbs with a leak jet?

:naughty:

/\/\\/\/

• Wyatt

Posted April 09, 2005 - 10:27 PM

I just replaced the leak jet on my brother's '05 YZ250F with a smaller one with great results. My '04 YZ450F DOES NOT have one.

• 35yz450F

Posted April 10, 2005 - 05:44 AM

I'm so glad I didn't order one of those.

• AkRider

Posted April 10, 2005 - 04:30 PM

The 03 WR's have a leak jet but the YZ'S don't. I am still not sure why there is a difference. Any one know?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.