i need my 426 to sag about an 1 inch or 2...

1 reply to this topic
  • BiegOne

Posted April 03, 2005 - 07:48 PM

is it possible to sag my 2002 426 a little without taking it to the shop to get the suspension done?...i am 5'8"...and about 195lbs...i want to drop it about an inch or two....any suggestions...quick fixes... :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz_for_me

Posted April 03, 2005 - 08:27 PM

If you are just looking to lower the seat height (I assume that's what you mean), you might try cutting down the seat foam. I know several factory riders do this. It's a pretty cheap way to make the bike a little shorter. Here's a link to an article in Transworld MX that shows how. TWMX Article

You may also look into lowering the subframe. Not sure how hard this would be on a 426, but it would be something you could investigate.

Another quick fix option would be to run more sag in the rear. This of course will change the way the bike handles, but it will make it lower.

I'm sure there are other quick fixes out there, but these are the first three that come to mind.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.