450 torque specs

No replies to this topic
  • tnl

Posted April 03, 2005 - 07:32 PM

After reading my owners manual I noticed that almost all of the bolts that should be torqued on the bike at regular intervals are given a low ft.lb. rating. Say 7,10,15 ft.lbs. etc. (mainly small bolts). Are all the units in ft. lbs or are some in " # in the manual? I need to purchase a good 1/4" drive torque wrench and want to know what unit of measure ("# or ft.lb) would be easiest to use instead of doing inch to pound conversions all the time. After searching for a good torque wrench on t.t. and surfing Proto's, Sears, home depot, lowes website can anyone give me some other locations to find/buy one? I have a Sears 3/8" drive wrench but the locking mechanism broke after minimal use so I'm looking for new name brands. Thanks for the help!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.