Throttle sticking

4 replies to this topic
  • freestyle250

Posted April 03, 2005 - 06:43 PM

Just went out riding after i replaced the throttle screw, and the bike rips :naughty: but unfortunately my throttle stuck on me luckily only one time. i have heard of it happening when the screw is completely removed making it so the needle slips all the way out of the jet, but i have the YZ throttle screw in it. can anybody tell me why the throttle stuck open? has anyone else had it happen with the YZ throttle screw?

• farkawi

Posted April 06, 2005 - 07:25 AM

Hmm, I shortened mine to 18.23mm and it works fine. Silly question; but have you crashed the bike on the throttle side? If so, the throttle tube might be sticking. If not it is time to track everything down from the throttle, cables, slide etc and find out where it is hangin' up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WGP

Posted April 06, 2005 - 07:29 AM

Dirt under the Throttle sleeve??

• bluethundaaaa

Posted April 06, 2005 - 07:37 AM

Possibly too much tension on the cable adjustments at the carburetor?? I had this happen to me and it took me a few hours to figure it out.

• freestyle250

Posted April 06, 2005 - 09:06 AM

Ill check it out and let yall know

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.