New WR400 owner has questions..............

4 replies to this topic
  • kevin_in_Michigan

Posted November 01, 2000 - 03:05 AM

I recently (yesterday) purchased a 99 wr400 that is street legal. So far I love it--Starts fairly easy and it idles . The guy I bought it from did not remove the throttle block nor did he do the yz timing. he last bike I owned was a 92 Honda cr500 and rode it til 97-- I think the wr rips pretty good now--how much of an improvement is the timing and throttle jobs ? Looking at the tech tips area, the throttle stop looks fairly easy but I am unsure of what the stop is. Is it the pin that is pulled out by the pliers that needs to be cut down or after the pin is pulled the stop is then accessible ? Any help would be appreciated and this is got to be the best board on the net !!!!! Thanks--Kevin in Michigan

• leeinmemphis

Posted November 01, 2000 - 05:22 AM

the throttle stop makes a worl of difference and also pulling out the cork in the muffler does as well. you will be riding a totally different motorcycle with these two changes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted November 01, 2000 - 06:02 AM

The throttle stop is the pin that is pulled out w/ a pliers. The throttle linkage will butt up against it as the thottle is opened. You are only getting half throttle with it in.

99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Canada for 2001...???

• Brandon

Posted November 01, 2000 - 10:59 PM

DOes the canadian model Wr come with the throttle stop?

• Tim_in_WA

Posted November 01, 2000 - 11:20 AM

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.