Wr450-need More Power!

7 replies to this topic
  • matchantler

Posted April 03, 2005 - 09:22 AM

Hi
I have a WR450F and would like a bit more power.
I have taken the restrictor out of the airbox and exhaust and fitted the YZ throttle stop bolt. The bike has also been re-jetted and currently has 40BHP at the back wheel according to the dyno read-out.
What else can I do to get more BHP?

Thanks

Mat

• elton

Posted April 03, 2005 - 09:59 AM

Hi
I have a WR450F and would like a bit more power.
I have taken the restrictor out of the airbox and exhaust and fitted the YZ throttle stop bolt. The bike has also been re-jetted and currently has 40BHP at the back wheel according to the dyno read-out.
What else can I do to get more BHP?

Thanks

Mat

You could finish the free mods by disconnecting the grey wire under the gas tank, do the YZ cam mod, cut-out the airbox. Also, installing a free flowing exhaust like a YZ exhaust or 3rd party $$ exhaust system.

Elton

• matchantler

Posted April 03, 2005 - 10:26 AM

Hi
I forgot to mention i have cut the grey wire!
I did remove a section of airbox, is there anymore i should remove?
What sort of power difference can i expect from fitting the yz450 cams?

Thanks

• Dirtmizer

Posted April 03, 2005 - 02:49 PM

I have heard reports of the YZ cam producing tons of power, I'm running it and it really does not produce that much more power for me,(adjusts the timing) although the power does come on sooner with more throttle response. I dragged a stock WR and we were pretty even, depending on who hooked, the difference isn't huge but its still worth it in my opinion, more fun in the woods. A set of Hot Cams would probably be the choice for more rear wheel horses compared to the YZ cam. Again just my opinion. Enjoy! :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Narrdo

Posted April 03, 2005 - 04:08 PM

Take your head light and taillight off and install them on a YZF, Might have saved you a lot of time.

• 450_James

Posted April 03, 2005 - 08:50 PM

Get an aftermarket exhaust. It made a huge difference from the uncorked stock exhaust for me. I'd do that before the Cam mod and see how you like it. I got the Dr. D pipe but the Procircut 496 or the FMF Powercore 4 are great pipes too. Any would do you better than the stock.

• SPDFRK450

Posted April 04, 2005 - 06:44 AM

I threw an FMF Powerbomb header, and a Powercore 4 on my 426 and it made a huge diffrence.

• matchantler

Posted April 04, 2005 - 08:28 AM

Did it need re-jetting afterwards?

Thanks for all the advice

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.