Supermoto wheels from racers bikes?

4 replies to this topic
  • BlueWR426F

Posted April 02, 2005 - 06:17 PM

Hello guys,

I've seen some people using wheels from some street racer bikes to convert their WR's to do supermoto, does anybody knows what work does this involve and witch rims i need to buy? I'm a machinist so i dont have to pay to machine these.

Thanks for any help! :naughty:

• simon@vic

Posted April 02, 2005 - 07:53 PM

MAG wheels are a BAD idea for a supermoto conversion. unless they are free and your have machine shop access.

they bend very easily :naughty: :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted April 02, 2005 - 09:07 PM

MAG wheels are a BAD idea for a supermoto conversion. unless they are free and your have machine shop access.

they bend very easily :D :naughty:

I agree with simon here, UNLESS you are ONLY riding on the street. Then, you should be fine with mag's. I wouldn't attempt ANY off-road/jumps with cast alloy mag's, they WILL bend/shatter/self-destruct.....
If you're gonna stick to the street, then CBR250RR wheels, or RGV250 Suzuki wheels both can be modified to suit WR's. :naughty: Do a search, there was a thread recently.....

• BlueWR426F

Posted April 05, 2005 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for the info guys!

I will mainly go on the road but i always tend to get offroad so i would better get a set of real supermoto wheels.

• mousemeat

Posted April 06, 2005 - 12:49 AM

you can machine the spacers on pre-'03 ktm wheels to get them to fit your wr. They tend to be cheaper.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.