First ride today!!!!!

3 replies to this topic
  • studruss

Posted April 01, 2005 - 06:59 PM

Finally had a chance to do some riding today. Went down to Tower City with my 95 YZ250 and my new 2001 YZ426f. All i can say is holy sheep sh!t. :naughty:
their is absolutely no comparison between these bikes. The first 5 min. i was thinking what i get myself into!!!!!But then i settled down and really enjoyed the ride. My only complaints are the bike sits a little to high for me, the bars seam a little low, and the engine braking. I thought i saw on here somewhere that the 450 cam mod all but eliminates this, is this so???
Well I'm looking forward to my next ride.Later :naughty:

Russ

• yz_for_me

Posted April 01, 2005 - 08:14 PM

The 450 cam doesn't eliminate engine braking, but it does make it a little harder to stall. The factory guys run slipper clutches on their YZ450's to eliminate engine braking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426_Pilot

Posted April 01, 2005 - 08:15 PM

The engine braking which right now seems strange will soon become your best friend. This is one of the reasons why most amatuers are faster on these bikes than 2 smokes. Learn to use this to your advantage. You'll use your wheel brakes much less, which means your going faster! :naughty:

• Slowmotion426

Posted April 02, 2005 - 12:35 AM

I love the engine braking in long motos as I tend to get forearm pump and am reluctant to reach for my front brake much at that point. I love my '01 426. :naughty:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.