New Petcock??

8 replies to this topic
  • 600ish

Posted April 01, 2005 - 03:43 PM

I have a '94 SR600 with a 4.0 Gal. IMS tank and I am looking for a new petcock assembly, The entire petcock with the filter screen. Any ideas on the best place to buy one? :naughty: Thanks, Walt :naughty:

• hill5150

Posted April 01, 2005 - 03:46 PM

Call IMS they will mail you one my buddy did and they sent it asap.......................ride on.........

• rmhrc630

Posted April 02, 2005 - 02:17 PM

Why not just buy OEM?

• hill5150

Posted April 02, 2005 - 04:15 PM

It won't match up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted April 02, 2005 - 06:38 PM

IMS tank place... They'll get you one......... :naughty:

• roadcam

Posted April 02, 2005 - 06:41 PM

my 4.o gal IMS tank used the stock petcock, and mounted up easily, with none of the "clearance" problems I heard about in here... I'm still trying to figure out that one :naughty:

• rmhrc630

Posted April 03, 2005 - 12:06 PM

It won't match up.

OK what you're syaing really is that IMS have mucked up the mount holes.

The infamous indifferent IMS build quality.

Normally the stock petcock bolts straight on my has and most other readers will say that as well. Mine works fine

Where is it not bolting straight on?

Are the brass inserts out of kilter?

• SMOKE

Posted April 03, 2005 - 03:02 PM

HAHAHAHA you said pet cock! ahahahahahhahahahaha

• Husky_Forever

Posted April 03, 2005 - 03:44 PM

They come to IMS with no holes drilled for petcocks I believe? They drill them there. My Husky dealer buys Suz 400 tanks to mount on TC Huskys. He drills the holes at his shop on the opposite side as the Suz petcocks go. Steny

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.