05 450 Jetting in high altitude

4 replies to this topic
  • freestyle250

Posted April 01, 2005 - 10:11 AM

I recently removed the baffle out of the exhaust and replaced the throttle screw on my 450, now the bike really rips :naughty: . but i noticed that it backfires alot more. will re-jetting my bike take care of that? what would be some recommendations for this high altitude, (SLC Utah) i plan on taking it into the high Uintah mountains.

• banffboy

Posted April 01, 2005 - 10:13 AM

Check the sticky at the top of this board. People are posting their set ups :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WGP

Posted April 01, 2005 - 10:56 AM

I ride at 4000-7000' and haven't had to re-jet, I 've done all the free mods including the AIS removal which helped cut down on backfiring, its runs slightly rich which means slightly cool. I could probably do some fine tuning with re-jetting but I'm to busy riding all the time to pull the carb. I guess I'm waiting until I have the $$ for new exhaust to mess with the jets. Any higher then 7000' I have no idea??

• WGP

Posted April 01, 2005 - 10:58 AM

Oh ya, amazing things will happen if you re-jet correctly for your set-up and conditions, if you have the time and money DO IT!

• clark4131

Posted April 01, 2005 - 02:15 PM

I'm at about 4800' ASL and this is what I run on my '05:

168 Main
48 Pilot
OEM Starter
40 Leak
JD Needle Red #4
Boyesen Quickshot
Zip-Ty Fuel Screw @ 1.5 turns
FMF Q2 w/ PowerBomb
Airbox Snorkel Removed

I just installed the 48 Pilot jet and Quickshot, but the bike was running a tad lean before with a 45 Pilot. I'm planning on adding some Uni Filter Vents to the airbox cover soon as I'm still not totally happy with the amount of air coming in. I'm real close to perfection, say 90%. They say that last 10% is damn hard to find, but I've never been a quitter...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.