Wheel Question

3 replies to this topic
  • SlowJoe400

Posted April 01, 2005 - 07:01 AM

Does anyone know if a stock OEM 1999 yz400 wheel will fit on a 1998yz400?
Thanks for the help-Joe

• Smokey123

Posted April 01, 2005 - 02:09 PM

Joe, I've been looking into wheels A LOT lately. And I can tell you with almost certainty, No. You cannot use a 99 wheel on a 98 YZ. Unfortunately, in 99 they changed the bearings (both ID and OD). This change isn't fixable (as of yet, although I'm sure there is a bearing somewhere in china that would make it work, but good luck in finding it).

So you need to start looking from earlier up to '98. It sucks, but I'm in the same boat looking for 99+ right now>

If you are looking, might I suggest Ebay. all the '98 wheels are super cheap on there right now. It's this little thing called supply and demand that's going to cost me and extra saw buck or two because my bike is new. :naughty:

Good luck,
Smokey.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SlowJoe400

Posted April 02, 2005 - 12:11 AM

Very true my market seems to be on a low demand. However i havent had any luck on ebay. Cant ever seem to find a 98 wheel. you say there are a lot of cheap ones right now? im only seeing newer year models. thanks for the info smokey.

• 02YZ426

Posted April 02, 2005 - 05:33 AM

This might work. New list http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=35601

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.