Taf 22mm offset YZ/YZF tripleclamp set

6 replies to this topic
  • RCannon

Posted April 01, 2005 - 05:55 AM

I wondered if anyone has tried these? I saw a brand new set, including bars, on ebay and could not pass them up. 260.00 for both clamps and a new set of Tag Bars.

I should have these by next tuesday. I will report back on the handling difference.

• mj2412

Posted April 01, 2005 - 11:02 AM

i read the ebay stuff and was wondering about the original offset. I thought all the time the offset is 25mm not 24. Which one is now right?

Greetings Martin :naughty:

• grayracer513

Posted April 01, 2005 - 03:14 PM

I should have these by next tuesday. I will report back on the handling difference.

Yeah, let us know. The statement that it will turn quicker seems backwards me. Decreasing the offset increases trail, which I believe makes the bike more stable and at the same time less prone to turn, right? That's why the CRF's almost immediately ended up with 22 - 20mm clamps to take the squirrliness out of them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RCannon

Posted April 01, 2005 - 04:58 PM

I saw a similar set of tripleclamps back in 97. Applied made several "supercross" sets of triple clamps. These clamps moved the offset from the stock 24mm down to 22. The word was these clamps made the YZ's handle more like the RM Suzuki's. The YZ/YZF offset has been 24mm since at least 96. Maybe earlier.
The steering might be slightly heavier, but the bike should turn better. This mod also places more weight on the front wheel.

Again, I dont have them yet. I will give a decent report after I use them. This price of 259.00 with a new set of tag bars in unreal. The lowest quote I had to get a set custom made was 750.00. We will see.

I figure I can always sell them to one of you guys if I hate them.

Does anyone need a set of tag SX bars???? I doubt I will change my pro tapers.

• Matt96xr6

Posted April 01, 2005 - 08:09 PM

RG3 and Applied both have 22mm offset clamps.

• RCannon

Posted April 02, 2005 - 06:38 AM

I just found the RG3 's this morning. It looks like the price is 199.00 for a lower clamp, and about 250 for the top clamp plus mounts. The RG3's look nice, however.

This set I am getting comes with a stem and bearing. The switch out shoudl go really easy.

• grayracer513

Posted April 02, 2005 - 09:53 PM

The stuff TAG turns out is as nice as anything made. You'll like them, assuming you like the handling.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.