Forum Newbie with a New Big Red Pig

11 replies to this topic
  • jamestoo

Posted April 01, 2005 - 02:46 AM

Well just thought i'd say hi

Just agreed the purchase of a 2003 model XR650R here in England

So far its an untouched bike 1 owner that has only done 150 miles from new! :D

Havnt ridden it yet but i'm collecting it next Wednesday. I've been reading the modding section and i'll go down the uncorking route after i've got a feel for it a little.

I Don't want to scare myself senseless the first time I ride it! :naughty:
I have ridden quite a few bikes but this is the first in several years. :naughty:

looking forward to some good advise and making some sort og contribution to the forum

Cheers James

• frogman

Posted April 01, 2005 - 03:33 AM

Get the Edelbrock Quicksilver carb, makes the bike more ridable, easier to start and faster.

• sleeman

Posted April 01, 2005 - 03:51 AM

Great purchase jamestoo, you wont be dissapointed.

• TimBrp

Posted April 01, 2005 - 04:12 AM

Nice purchase. Lots of "useable" info here. Congrats!

• jamestoo

Posted April 01, 2005 - 04:20 AM

Cheers guys thanks for the welcome!

• frankstr

Posted April 01, 2005 - 05:34 AM

Welcome James, Uncork that beast and enjoy the ride... :naughty:
You'll get all the info you need here at TT, It's a great place.... :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Troy_Bell

Posted April 01, 2005 - 09:57 PM

One piece of advice. After you uncork the beast, don't grab a handfull of throttle right off the bat or else you might find yourself on the ground with your bike continuing on down the road. It is that big of a difference. YAHOOOOO!!!

• Husky_Forever

Posted April 01, 2005 - 10:41 PM

Fix the right footpeg first, before you go on any long trail rides. Otherwise, you will be in the middle of no where with only one foot peg. :naughty: Steny

• captb

Posted April 01, 2005 - 10:51 PM

Welcome, good choice lots of bang for the buck, keep the shinny side up.

• Britnewbie

Posted April 02, 2005 - 11:15 AM

Hi James, Welcome Im in UK too. Just bought a 2000 XR650r last week and just started riding it. Give me a hello sometime. Cheers, Steve :naughty:

• jamestoo

Posted April 07, 2005 - 05:28 AM

Well thanks for the very warm welcome guys just to update.

Collected the pig yesterday what a superb bike! Never ridden one before but it goes great even in stock form.

Had a quick check over it and went straight out for a 10 mile ride it was a real pig to start first off but i hadnt got the choke set up right or to be honnest the knack. i adjusted the ideler and now it starts first kick with no choke!

the bike is an 2002 xr650r when i collected it it had only 153 miles on it from new!
the guy i bought it from said it frightened him!

i'll get used to it some more first off road over the coming weekend then i'll uncork it

• TimBrp

Posted April 07, 2005 - 05:31 AM

You got a sweet bike/deal. Be glad the other guy was the big "V", right?...LMAO!

Related Content

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.