woods riding

6 replies to this topic
  • alfie

Posted April 01, 2005 - 12:56 AM

How would you set up your wr for hare and hounds and woods riding?
thetrack im riding next week has fast flatout striaght aways and very tight woods what do you consider to be the best setup.

• ncmountainman

Posted April 01, 2005 - 06:45 AM

suspension: soft .... and motor for bottom end :naughty:

• waterdog3

Posted April 02, 2005 - 09:00 AM

i would gear it down a little, maybe 13tooth front and 52 or 53 rear sometimes 1st gear is not low enough, bark busters.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted April 02, 2005 - 08:00 PM

-protaper bars and risers
-good bark busters
-13T front {or 53t rr}
-good bash plate
-devol rad guards {or other strong ones}
-new tires
-"free mods" {if its a USA bike}
-intake, pipe, and jetting mods {if you haven't done them yet}
-good sex the night before {and or morning}
-stretch when you wake up and just before the race.

GOOD LUCK. post pictures.

• chipwich

Posted April 02, 2005 - 09:28 PM

What they said plus TrailTech odo, route chart holder, and a Moose front fender tire bag to hold a front tube that will also work in the back. Even though not a mod, good sex the night before would also feel like at least 5+ hp due to good night's sleep as stated above.

• firestarter

Posted April 03, 2005 - 08:07 AM

People is always telling me not to have sex the night before a race :naughty:
they said that it will get me tired sooner on the race :naughty:

• alfie

Posted April 03, 2005 - 02:18 PM

Cheers folks very entertaining lol. Now if some can tell us how to post pics ill do my best to get some pics posted.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.