Ouray Colorado

8 replies to this topic
  • Texas4play

Posted March 31, 2005 - 11:07 AM

Some of my local riding buddies and I will be riding Ouray from July 27th - 31st. If anyone else is going to be around lemme know. It's gonna be one-sweet-ride!

• armadillo

Posted March 31, 2005 - 11:13 AM

July 27th is my bday....could not think of a better way to spend it than riding a dirt bike.

I'm planning on being in CO the weekend prior for the MX Nationals in Lakewood, CO. Was thinking I'd ride CO the week before. Perhaps I'll change plans and ride the week after.

Where in Texas are you?

I'm in New Braunfels...ride at Zar's and the Austin leases and race the STORM series.

Keep us posted on plans...hotels/camping etc...

• Texas4play

Posted March 31, 2005 - 11:29 AM

I'm in Dallas. We booked rooms at the "Victorian Inn."

• MotoGoalie

Posted March 31, 2005 - 11:45 AM

Everyday I wake up I look at the San Juan mountains 35 miles south of me. :naughty:

http://img.photobuck.../Telluride2.jpg

When the date gets closer post this info in the Rocky Mountain section of the bb. :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CoWr_400rider

Posted March 31, 2005 - 01:05 PM

Hey Texas4Play, what trails are you going to be on? Need to get down that and check them out, July might be a good time.

See ya on the trail.
Rick....

• Texas4play

Posted March 31, 2005 - 04:57 PM

Hey Texas4Play, what trails are you going to be on? Need to get down that and check them out, July might be a good time.

See ya on the trail.
Rick....

Not quite sure just yet on trails, I'll keep you posted.

• farkawi

Posted April 01, 2005 - 05:32 AM

Beautiful country up there. It helps to be plated. There are some long rides on jeep roads that can take you into Silverton, Telluride, Lake City and beyond where there is fuel. It doesn't hurt to bump your tire pressures up a bit if yer fast. The Rock in Rocky mts. comes from there.

• jayled

Posted April 01, 2005 - 06:03 AM

Ahhh engineer pass. I couldn't get there in 2003 thanks to snow on the CO500.
Got to love those hot springs after 100+ miles of cold wet road riding.

• CoWr_400rider

Posted April 01, 2005 - 07:01 AM

Thanks for the update guys. I have got to get down that way and do some looking around.

See ya on the trail.
Rick....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.