Need help again please

2 replies to this topic
  • Math

Posted March 30, 2005 - 05:41 PM

Sorry to bother again with that but did not receive enough info the first time.

My front timing chain guide came out when I took the head off my WR. It seems pretty normal if I look in the manual. How do I put it back to its place? Is there something I can rely on to be sure it is reinstalled correctly? I assume the chain runs down on this side and that it does not need to be fixed to hold on but I really don't want to mess with it. :naughty:

Thanks for you input :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scott_h

Posted March 31, 2005 - 10:34 PM

The front guide is held in a fixed position. There is a notch in the in the very forward part of cylinder's cam chain well that the guide fits into. The guide needs to be placed in this notch before the head is installed.

• Math

Posted April 01, 2005 - 06:58 AM

Thank you much! :naughty: I'll check this out.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.