More Photos!

10 replies to this topic
  • DesertWR

Posted March 30, 2005 - 09:19 AM

And to think that I was hesistant to do the free mods on my bike!@?
The last photo is my bike so my friend can remember what they are supposed to look like :naughty: :naughty: :D
One thing I did notice is even with the bike stripped all the way down, the carb is still a bitch to get to!!

http://img.photobuck.../Picture074.jpg

http://img.photobuck.../Picture063.jpg

http://img.photobuck.../Picture070.jpg

http://img.photobuck.../Picture075.jpg

• vantolr

Posted March 30, 2005 - 09:23 AM

Was it pretty easy tearing her down that much and putting it back together? The manual seems to be pretty good. I've had mine tore down pretty far, but not that far.

• DesertWR

Posted March 30, 2005 - 09:27 AM

We haven't put it back together-Tearing down is easy-Remebering where everything goes might be a different story. :naughty:

• Texas4play

Posted March 30, 2005 - 09:31 AM

Looks good, I think I'm gonna video tape my first tear-down so when I lose that little nut or bolt somewhere I can just hit rewind!

• doctorchopper

Posted March 30, 2005 - 10:17 AM

I just tore mine appart to rebuild the engine and tranny, what I always do is buy a big box of small ziplock bags and separate all the bolts by area and label the bags with a permanent marker, works well every time. Also use blue locktite (242) on all the little nuts and bolts, saves on losing bolts, don't use red (262) as you'll strip the threads on the little bolts when you try and get them off next time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DesertWR

Posted March 30, 2005 - 10:49 AM

I just tore mine appart to rebuild the engine and tranny, what I always do is buy a big box of small ziplock bags and separate all the bolts by area and label the bags with a permanent marker, works well every time. Also use blue locktite (242) on all the little nuts and bolts, saves on losing bolts, don't use red (262) as you'll strip the threads on the little bolts when you try and get them off next time.

Thanks for the tip w/ the loctite. Guess we need to buy a torque wrench also.

• 2old4school

Posted March 30, 2005 - 11:34 AM

I wish I had the ability to perform maintenance at that echelon. Sucks relying on shops for anything other than oil and filter changes.

• DesertWR

Posted March 30, 2005 - 11:39 AM

I wish I had the ability to perform maintenance at that echelon. Sucks relying on shops for anything other than oil and filter changes.

Hey 2old,

we're by no means motorcycle mechanics. It's just a matter of not wanting to pay a shop mega bucks to rebuild his bike-so you just get in there and do it. Bet u could if u had too :naughty:

• kurtdb1

Posted March 30, 2005 - 12:33 PM

AFter a very wet Soboba Trail ride, I took my 05 WR down to abou that level and re-greased everything...however, I had to take the swingarm into the dealership to press out bearings and press in new ones...then re-installed the linkages wrong...I had to fix that when I returned to my house...goes to show that just because a dealer is working on your bike, does not mean they know what they are doing. Give it a try you might be surprised how informative the manual is.

• alfie

Posted March 30, 2005 - 12:47 PM

Hey Desert thats how my WR looks at the minute like the one in your first photo

• cali450

Posted March 30, 2005 - 04:21 PM

2old,
What my buddy is trying to say is that, I just made my 1st payment on this bike about a week and a half ago. The doctor bills are going to equal out to the cost of the bike. were going the cheap way!!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.