xr650r carb slide drilling?

2 replies to this topic
  • augustiron

Posted March 30, 2005 - 07:38 AM

I've been poking around looking at all the mods to do to the carbs and uncorking of the xr650 and I noticed that someone recommended drilling the slide holes on the xr650L carb to 5/32 when uncorking but I haven't seen this mentioned for the 650R. (http://4strokes.com/...xr650lcarbmods/)
all the other mods seem about the same.
Has anyone tried this? and no I haven't measured the holes on my 650r yet, I was just wondering.
thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • big t

Posted March 30, 2005 - 07:42 AM

The carbs are different. I have never heard of anybody drilling them in the 650r carb. As far as I know there is no need to drill it.

• truck6driver

Posted March 30, 2005 - 07:43 AM

The "L" uses a carb that relies on ehgine vaccum to open a slide in the front of the carb before the throttle butterflies. By opening up the holes the slide moves up faster. I do not think the "R" has this type of carb.
RH

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.