best exhaust

6 replies to this topic
  • woody12

Posted March 29, 2005 - 07:32 PM

hey i have an 05 wr450 i want to know what the best exhuast out there is. i live in canada so noise is not a big issue. i would like something affordable to.

• simon@vic

Posted March 29, 2005 - 09:39 PM

good luck finding one affordable. :naughty: you can always build one.

i would get an fmf "Q" fullsystem with a powerbomb header.

also, re-jet the bike and if your 2005 has the oval indents in the side of the airbox, cut them out.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted March 30, 2005 - 06:44 AM

Noise is an issue no matter where you live. For the cheapest return for your money,go with the new Pro Moto Billet insert. Only $59.95 US plus frieght.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Texas4play

Posted March 30, 2005 - 06:59 AM

Buy the PMB insert, like Jim mentioned above, then take the $500 or so and spend it on suspension or a steering dampner. If you ever crash the stock exhaust then get yourself a nice Yosh pipe or whatever.

If you are dead set on an exhaust I'd really keep waiting for the R&D to change with all the pipe makers. Alot of new stuff keeps coming out, so wait and see.

• woody12

Posted March 30, 2005 - 05:59 PM

ya i think im gonna spend my money on something else. i'm pretty good with the tig welder and findin some stainless tube will take about a 2 minute wonder through my back yard.

• cruise

Posted March 30, 2005 - 09:06 PM

Get a white brothers e-series :naughty:

• kirkw

Posted April 01, 2005 - 03:10 PM

Like Simon, and if the money is buringing a hole in your pocket, a FMF powerbomb and Q are a good way to go. Very happy with mine. I had noise issues so there was no choice for me, but I could find other better ways (steering dampner for example) to spend he money and increase speed.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.