TY Davis yz250?

3 replies to this topic
  • J_T_M

Posted March 29, 2005 - 05:45 PM

hey guys
i know this site is called 'thumper talk' but i was just wondering how much more than a stock '04 250 one of ty davis' race 250's would be worth.its a full on race bike and it has all of ty's signature stuff on it. an average price on cycle trader is $4500, and ty told me $5000 for his bike, that is what he sells all of his year old bikes for. anyways am i better off with an '05 with the aluminum frame and adding all of the trick stuff myself or am i better off with the ty bike with a steel frame already tricked out?

• Satch0922

Posted March 29, 2005 - 05:52 PM

I bought my 05 YZ250 for $5200. It is noticably lighter than the 04 and once dialed in the suspension is awesome.

I would opt for the new bike myself and set it up the way you like it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted March 29, 2005 - 08:00 PM

ya i've heard mention several times of the steel frames stretching on that model,i'd go new because if anyone could stretch it i'm sure he would :naughty:

• rynno716

Posted March 29, 2005 - 09:50 PM

You know as cool as it is to own a pros bike. Its really not worth it they beat the hell out of them. I use to own a kyle lewis race bike, it worked out OK for me but wouldn't by it again . Get the new one.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  131 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.