06 yzf450

18 replies to this topic
  • moorespeed426

Posted March 29, 2005 - 08:32 AM

any word yet if it will have the aluminum frame?

• fastenuf4u

Posted March 29, 2005 - 09:08 AM

This was discussed a few weeks/months back, word as of now is "No" for the aluminum frame in 06. I guess I'll keep my old girl for another year.

• Thumper38

Posted March 29, 2005 - 10:37 AM

I find it hard to believe that there won't be major changes in 06!

• Ga426owner

Posted March 29, 2005 - 12:44 PM

I find it hard to believe that there won't be major changes in 06!

:D Unfortunately this is the story as I have been told..........a complete new motor is being developed right now for 07 (no details avail on this - except that it be a new design to lower the center of gravity, and be less weight) - rumor/chitchat has it that no Aluminum frame will be rolled out until the new motor is ready for 07. Apparently, development cost for the frame are too high for both current motor and the new 07 motor.......totally sux ass news :D ...........Hint: when you see the Japanese MX roll it out to race test you know it is a year away............ :naughty:

hmm: 06 CRF or RMZ :naughty:

• Thumper38

Posted March 29, 2005 - 01:12 PM

Yea that RMZ sure is pretty??????????????? I will be thinking about for the next few months. But no Honda for me!

• sleeman

Posted March 29, 2005 - 01:17 PM

Dont forget that the RMZ is in its first year of production.

• Satch0922

Posted March 29, 2005 - 05:20 PM

:D Unfortunately this is the story as I have been told..........a complete new motor is being developed right now for 07 (no details avail on this - except that it be a new design to lower the center of gravity, and be less weight) - rumor/chitchat has it that no Aluminum frame will be rolled out until the new motor is ready for 07. Apparently, development cost for the frame are too high for both current motor and the new 07 motor.......totally sux ass news :naughty: ...........Hint: when you see the Japanese MX roll it out to race test you know it is a year away............ :D

hmm: 06 CRF or RMZ :naughty:

This makes perfect sense and we have discussed it before. The big opportunity for weight savings on a thumper is the engine. No need to build an aluminum frame if you still have the same weight engine and a need for oil storage in the frame!

I am looking forward to the 07 if that is the case. An aluminum frame with the current engine/sump design would be a band aid and a waste of R&D $$$.

• 642MX

Posted March 29, 2005 - 05:46 PM

Satch are you going to throw away the ratio rite in 2007?

• Satch0922

Posted March 29, 2005 - 05:51 PM

Satch are you going to throw away the ratio rite in 2007?

:naughty::D:D it could happen! :D But I am loving this 250 :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • J_T_M

Posted March 29, 2005 - 05:53 PM

:naughty: aren't there like a million threads on this subject? :naughty:
A factory Yamaha rider's mechanic told me the factory has been really quiet about all of this aluminum frame business. The guys at the yamaha dealer said the same thing. i think its a rumor. i don't think we will see an aluminum frame on the four strokes until we see new motors and i don't think that will happen until '07.

• fatnugget

Posted March 29, 2005 - 06:45 PM

I was just thinking about this subject the other day. My question is if they were going to an aluminum frame for 06 would they be able to race it in this year's outdoor MX season? You know just to help development and to refine the design. Would it be legal?

• zorroz

Posted March 29, 2005 - 07:25 PM

Yamaha had aluminim frames on the works 1987 YZM500. I have a picture here somewhere I'll scan it.

• Satch0922

Posted March 30, 2005 - 04:16 AM

I was just thinking about this subject the other day. My question is if they were going to an aluminum frame for 06 would they be able to race it in this year's outdoor MX season? You know just to help development and to refine the design. Would it be legal?

ummmm they are racing the YZ250 in it's first year with an aluminum frame.........

• Satch0922

Posted March 30, 2005 - 04:16 AM

Yamaha had aluminim frames on the works 1987 YZM500. I have a picture here somewhere I'll scan it.

and they have aluminum frames now.....just not on the thumpers.....

• DPW

Posted March 30, 2005 - 05:50 AM

Isn't the dealer show in June when they announce the new bike changes? Maybe somebody is trying to keep sales up of '05 bikes by spreading rumors.

• palmdaleRider

Posted March 30, 2005 - 05:51 AM

I'll probably upgrade to the new aluminum frame when it happens. Since my YZ426 is new to me, I'm comfortable waiting several years. :naughty:

• fatnugget

Posted March 30, 2005 - 06:38 AM

Palmdale rider, that is exactly what I am going to do. My '99 is still running strong but it would seem a waste to spend money on the current design knowing that Yamaha is going to have to make some serious changes in order to boost sales. Not that the YZ450 isn't a great bike but they are losing the most important race of all right now....... the one on the showroom floor. Let's face it, we all want the newest best most innovative bike for our dollars and the YZF just isn't it any longer

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 31, 2005 - 03:29 AM

come on. nobody nows when a new frame is coming or when a new motor is coming... so why dont we all just wait and see what happens when yamaha tells us.

its fun to talk about tho..

• Wyatt

Posted March 31, 2005 - 06:49 AM

No, you cannot run next years bike or frame in the Summer Nationals.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.