Engine flush

1 reply to this topic
  • StockJockey

Posted March 29, 2005 - 05:24 AM

Whats the best method of flushing out the engine of old gunky oil ?
Do my oil changes quite regular but noticing a bit of gluginess lately.Mate recomends leaving drain plugs and filter out and running Kerosine through from filler.
It's not that I don't believe him but I'd rather hear it from others before I commit myself. 99wr400.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted March 29, 2005 - 08:18 AM

I've used kerosene to flush the entire cooling system of my old KLX650, when it blew its water pump seals. Also used it to flush a couple of bottom ends over the years with no problems. I would use it, but get it in and out of the engine asap, because it could affect any gaskets and seals it comes into contact with, if left for too long.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.