?'s for Bark Buster install on stock bars

3 replies to this topic
  • beasleys

Posted March 29, 2005 - 05:17 AM

I have a set of Moose Bark Busters and am trying to install them on my stock handle bars on my 01 426. They are not fittting due to the front brake "banjo" bolt coming off the front master cylinder. Does any one know a way around this or have any advice.

Also, if I install a set of 1 1/8 bars will have to replace my lever perches, throttle tube, and so forth due to the larger diameter or do they taper down before the end of the bars.

• Ga426owner

Posted March 29, 2005 - 07:32 AM

I never had any luck with anything working with stock bars - buy some renthal or protapers - Call moose ask them for recommended bars -
I used Acerbis on Protaper - with no problems

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rmracer27

Posted March 29, 2005 - 08:13 AM

the 1 1/8 bars taper down before the brake and clutch perch.

• cowboyona426

Posted March 29, 2005 - 11:06 AM

Beasleys, I never had that problem, but I didn't try installing my busters on stock bars. If you can't bend them slightly and make it work, maybe a set of triple clamp handguard mounts would be the ticket. I have the GYT-R mounts and am pleased with them.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.