How far can you get on a tank????

4 replies to this topic
  • mbeck76

Posted March 28, 2005 - 09:34 PM

I was just curious how far you all are getting on a tank of gas. I have a basically stock 04 WR450 it has the free mods and insert but stock tank. I understand terrain, speed and all that factors in but I was just curious to see what you guys are getting kinda get a ball park. I am starting to get back into riding again this is my first fourstroke. So far its awesome I love it.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 28, 2005 - 09:38 PM

Last summer while riding a scenic trail (4x4 trail) I went over 80 miles on a tank. In the mountains it seems to be more like 60-70 miles. I dont ride real hard like alot of these guys so see what they say.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 29, 2005 - 08:17 AM

On my 03 with an IMS 3 gallon I ran out at 150. I was conserving big time trying to make it to the next town. I didn't make it but had a half a gallon in my backpack.. Mileage varies, WOT for a couple of hours and you might get 30mpg, all depends...

• trickwarrior

Posted March 29, 2005 - 03:37 PM

Rode 160 mile this weekend. IMS 4.0 Tank, all speeds and terrains. Filed it with a gallon at lunch just cause and then had plenty when we got home. The fill up was at like mile 40. Rode it like I stole it very impressed with the fuel consumption. Go big tank it's good piece of mind for longer rides and less headaches.

• ToooFaarOutt

Posted March 29, 2005 - 05:29 PM

I have a 01 wr 426 and if I am riding like I should be it gets about 100 miles to the tank ( 3.4 gal ). Do the math about 28 to 29 mpg. However if I rode like a girl I could probably get 125mpg out of it with no spinning the tire and no over revving....But what fun would that be? :naughty:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.