2 wheel drive WR450F

9 replies to this topic
  • desert36

Posted March 28, 2005 - 08:38 PM

Hey guys,

I was checking out Yamaha's European and Australian web sites, to see what bikes they are selling over there compared to here. I saw this WR450F that they are selling over there.

Here is a write up on it http://ymedc.introwe...450_2trac.shtml

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 28, 2005 - 09:09 PM

Ya I've been watching the info on that for about 6 months now. That sucker really looks awesome. Man I would love to try that out. But $18,000 is just a hair out of my price range. :naughty:

• Gadsen

Posted March 28, 2005 - 09:40 PM

Heck, Zach from http://www.motorcycle-brokers.com has them already. I think it was over $12,000 though.

• sleeman

Posted March 28, 2005 - 09:42 PM

Ohlins invented it approx. five to ten years ago

• mousemeat

Posted March 29, 2005 - 12:49 AM

And surprise, surprise! The WR450F is Ohlins equipped!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluebike1999

Posted March 29, 2005 - 12:59 AM

has anyone seen or heard of 2trac in motard set up.?
wouldn't that be a weapon.....fat front tyre too??
It would be great if they could set up rear drive in hydraulic and get rid of chains and sprockets all together.

• mousemeat

Posted March 29, 2005 - 05:50 AM

Yeah, they did a review in mcn. The current british supermoto champ said he wasn't sure if he liked it (he prefers to back it in), but the roadracer that tested it was sold.

• ncmountainman

Posted March 29, 2005 - 06:43 AM

has anyone seen or heard of 2trac in motard set up.?
wouldn't that be a weapon.....fat front tyre too??
It would be great if they could set up rear drive in hydraulic and get rid of chains and sprockets all together.

ya you would think you could eliminate a gear or two,with a full hydraulic system. no more chains ,sprockets wouldn't that be nice! suspension would work better. it'd be cool if it was just rear wheel powered hyd.with a slipper clutch for decel :naughty:

• sleeman

Posted March 29, 2005 - 09:51 AM

Yeah youre right it is Ohlins equipped, thats because Yamaha owns Ohlins.

• Lostprophet

Posted March 29, 2005 - 10:03 AM

That is sweet, there have been a number of front wheel drive motorcycles over the years, but this seems like the best one to date.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.