Smaller rear wheel, good idea or bad?

2 replies to this topic
  • simimi

Posted March 28, 2005 - 04:55 PM

got the answer, guess it is better! cool!!

Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Some Dude

Posted March 28, 2005 - 05:05 PM

I will gladly buy that 18" rim off you if you decide you want a 19". 18" is less popular for an MX bike, thicker tire means heavier assembly but more sidewall flex which is good for trail riding. It's your personal preference. I have the stock 19" and would like an 18" so that the YZF isnt the odd duck with my other enduros as far as tire size.

• simimi

Posted March 28, 2005 - 06:57 PM

thanks, but I do most trail riding. I am going to mount up a Maxxis IT and take it for a ride.

The rims are excel, with Talon hubs and bulldog spokes and new ebc rotors. could not pass it up.

I will be selling my stock rims from my 1998 YZ400. They will come with Rotors, and sprocket for the rear. If anyone interested let me know. I will sell one or both. Looking for $100 on the front, and $200 for the rear, plus a few bucks for shipping. I have photos and they are in good, but used shape. Bearings seem good, and spacers are fine, actually I have brand new rear spacers. I will post later in the classifieds.

Mike

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.