Got me a pig.......

10 replies to this topic
  • Britnewbie

Posted March 28, 2005 - 02:23 PM

Cool..... picked up my 2000 XR650R on Saturday. Only ridden it home as documents not quite sorted. Think its gonna be a blast. Just one small down side. I shouldve checked it out closer, but the guy who was selling was, lets just say a big lad. When you look a the bike directly from behind the rear mudguard is off centre. Had the seat and panel off and it looks like he has had the seat frame repaired a couple of times. The seat/ wheel/ swing arm looks dead centre its just the alloy subframe under the seat is kinked to the left. Are these ally subframes cheap enough? :naughty: Steve

• Ramcc4x4

Posted March 28, 2005 - 02:51 PM

I believe all 2000-2005 XR650R's are tweaked that way. I bought mine brand new and my rear fender points to the left. I don't worry about it enough to straighten it and possibly screw something up. Enjoy your bike!

• JackAttack

Posted March 28, 2005 - 03:03 PM

I believe all 2000-2005 XR650R's are tweaked that way. I bought mine brand new and my rear fender points to the left.

Ditto! :naughty:

• captb

Posted March 28, 2005 - 04:14 PM

Mine was off a bit to, I loosened the subframe and held it ti the rt. and retightened it and shimmed the rear fender, it's strait now.

• CAM2R

Posted March 28, 2005 - 04:21 PM

:naughty: :cry: :naughty: :D

Another [COLOR=Sienna]BRP[/COLOR] owner!

On the subframe - mine was off center from day one - I just keep crashing on alternating sides to keep it all centered up :D

The only people that really notice are those riding behind your bike which should be just about everyone! :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted March 28, 2005 - 04:23 PM

You all got lucky with it pointing to the left, Mine points to the right.... :naughty:
Nuthin to worry about IMO............ :naughty:

• hill5150

Posted March 28, 2005 - 06:30 PM

sweet,,,,,, congrats on your new oinker you will love it.. :naughty:

• frogman

Posted March 29, 2005 - 04:37 AM

My pigs rear fender is bent to the left, but my pecker has a bend to the right, so they counterbalance each other.
No problems.

• TimBrp

Posted March 29, 2005 - 07:10 AM

LMAO frogman. So when we have this east coast BRP meet-up what's it gonna be..." Hey how's it hangin' " Well I shimmed it so it's not that bad..HA!

• Husky_Forever

Posted March 30, 2005 - 09:37 PM

Make sure you fix the right footpeg before it breaks off while riding. Steny

• frogman

Posted March 31, 2005 - 12:20 AM

And put an Edelbrock on it, order it from Barnums.

You will be very happy

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.