trade or not

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_meeyz_*

Posted March 28, 2005 - 02:12 PM

Hi, everyone I'm new to this sight & have a question. I figure this would be the best place for an answer. I have a 2004 yz 250 like new, pretty much stock bike, runs great, & strong. I went riding last weekend(in the woods) with a guy that had a 2003 wr 450. We rode for awhile then talked about switching bikes for awhile(I haven't ride a 4 stroke in years). It was great, loved the way it rode. Now for the question, he wants to trade would this a good trade? His bike is rougher than mine(not sure about hrs.), with a fmf pipe, some extra plastics(not sure the what kinda of shape), & the stock pipe. He said only thing done to the bike was oil changes. He races hare scrambles some & wants to do some MX. I just like to ride & have fun, maybe try a few hare scrambles, no MX (I've got bills to pay). I thought I would see what kind of response I got. Thanks

• Texas4play

Posted March 28, 2005 - 02:26 PM

NADA avg retail 03 wr450 $4235
NADA avg retail 04 yz250 $3985

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RC81

Posted March 28, 2005 - 03:45 PM

I dont think I would trade. Your bike sounds cleaner than his and who knows how his has been maintained - could get expensive to fix his neglect. What did you like better on the WR than yours? I have a YZ250 and am also thinking of switching but havent ridden one yet. If I could test one then I would know if its the bike for me.

• Drtbykr

Posted March 28, 2005 - 05:28 PM

Keep yours and get a Z clutch.
That to me would be the ultimate bike!!

If I was doing it all over again that is what I would do.

• Guest_meeyz_*

Posted March 28, 2005 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for replying RC81, you asked what I liked better about the WR. I think it was the power, it had good useable power, not the sudden power of a 2 stroke, you could just roll into it & go. It handled great, I figured it to be heavy & fill heavy, but it didn't. I think it is of one the best handling bikes I have ridden, a great woods bike! I may not trade, I dont know, but my next bike will be a WR more than likely! Thanks for the replies. :naughty:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.