Jetting Question

2 replies to this topic
  • MrShred

Posted March 27, 2005 - 11:04 PM

Took the "new" 93 XR650L project bike out for it's first real ride this weekend. It has a late model XR 600 carb; starts, idles, & runs good except for a fairly bad stumble when gassed hard from low rpm. It will accelerate OK if I roll the throttle on. Idles well at low elevation when warm with the pilot screw 1.75 turns out. At 2-3000' elevation it takes the stumble is significantly less. Main jet=155, pilot jet=58.

Comments?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted March 28, 2005 - 03:54 AM

I assume this is a manual slide carb, not a CV carb.
Make sure the pilot and main jets don't need to be a bit richer, and you can also try moving the slide-needle up a little (put the clip in a lower groove).
If there are no grooves in the needle you can shim it up a little like us guys still using the XRL carb do!

Dave

• MrShred

Posted March 28, 2005 - 09:25 PM

I assume this is a manual slide carb, not a CV carb.
Make sure the pilot and main jets don't need to be a bit richer, and you can also try moving the slide-needle up a little (put the clip in a lower groove).
If there are no grooves in the needle you can shim it up a little like us guys still using the XRL carb do!

Dave

Hey Dave,

Yeah, it's a manual slide carb. I think I'll go up one size on the pilot and maybe also raise the needle a notch. The main is the same a stock XR6 (155)while the pilot is smaller (58 vs 62) according to my Clymer book. Gotta get the throttle response fixed cuz it's too hard to wheelie with the flat spot!

:naughty: :naughty:

Thanks,

Vance

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.