raising forks

2 replies to this topic
  • c2

Posted October 30, 2000 - 05:13 AM

I'm a hair under 5'10" and considering raising my forks about 8mm. Has anyone else my heighth performed this and did it help? I'm an east coast, rocky, tight trail rider. I understand how the geometry will change, but am wondering is it worth it? Thanks.

Chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jj

Posted October 30, 2000 - 07:15 AM

Hey c2,

I'm 5'11 and am very pleased with my forks raised 6mm. I ride similar types of terrian and have found that 6mm is just about ideal. I found that I did loose a bit of high speed stability, above 4th gear. If you have a stabilizer everything seems to even out perfectly though.

------------------
JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

• c2

Posted October 30, 2000 - 03:43 PM

Thanx for the response. I raised mine tonight and I'm happy I did. Did you mess with you handlebars after you moved the forks?

Chris

Originally posted by JJ:
Hey c2,

I'm 5'11 and am very pleased with my forks raised 6mm. I ride similar types of terrian and have found that 6mm is just about ideal. I found that I did loose a bit of high speed stability, above 4th gear. If you have a stabilizer everything seems to even out perfectly though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.