Electrical advice for dualsport lighting?

3 replies to this topic
  • creepy

Posted March 27, 2005 - 06:16 PM

Im looking for advice on wiring up a dualsport lighting kit for my WR400. Im realizing I need to find a regulator/rectifier unit and some means of flashing turn signals, as well as bar-mounted switches for this stuff. Also thinking of putting a small NiCd battery pack from an RC car between the motor and skid plate or something. Anyone done this? Any ideas or parts sources?

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted March 27, 2005 - 06:44 PM

Around these parts, folk are going to suggest you just get the "trick dual sport" kit. Go to http://trickdualsport.com/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1rkcooper

Posted March 27, 2005 - 10:01 PM

trailtech.net has the regulator rectifier and I think they were working on some sort of battery pack as well. Cheapo mirror and signals, Brake light and hydraulic brake light switch and you're away. You will have to float the ground on the stator to convert to DC unless someone knows how to wire it with AC. Common flasher should work and pick up a turn signal/ horn switch from the salvage yard. I'd send a wiring diagram but I've lost mine somewhere.

I seem to remember someone doing this without floating the ground. Do some searches.

Track down TT member bdmmotard, he was working on his a while back. See how he made out.

• PBDBLUE

Posted March 28, 2005 - 03:52 AM

I have a wiring diagram for my '01 WR426 which should be the same as the 400. PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.