Oversized GYTR Front Rotor (w/pics)

4 replies to this topic
  • XXX_Thumper

Posted March 27, 2005 - 11:03 AM

Finally was warm enough (50 degrees F) today to intall the GYTR rotor & new brake pads I got in January. I got the rotor on Ebay for $98 w/shipping BRAND NEW. :D Also bought new pads on Ebay for $12. So the whole Oversized rotor setup cost be a whole $110!!! :naughty: :naughty: :D

After I put some new gas and fired her up, all I can say this was well worth it. Before when I would grab for the front brake as hard as I could I got major fade and couldn't even stop hard enough to get the back tire to wheelie. That is now a thing of the past. I'll give an update when I am able to get out onto the track in a couple weeks.

Here are a couple of pics:
STOCK
Comparison of Stock vs GYTR
Oversized GYTR

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted March 28, 2005 - 06:20 AM

Nice one!
get the direct route stainless brake lines and some Motul 600 fluid and be impressed all over again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted March 28, 2005 - 10:23 AM

ebay special?

I think I would have done the brake hose first though....but hey BrondonV is right!

• cowboyona426

Posted March 28, 2005 - 12:18 PM

I second Brandon and Satch, get an SS line and you'll be big pimpin'!

• XXX_Thumper

Posted March 28, 2005 - 05:14 PM

I have heard mixed opinions about the SS direct style routing. My thinking is expansion is expansion no mater what the length of brake line. It will all depend. But anything was an improvement over what I had. I have exhaust on the next top priority. Maybe in a while I'll get the SS line.

I got it on ebay. I dont know what the deal was. :naughty: Someone said they bought it and ended up not using it. Brand new in the sealed package. Who cares, it was $98 as opposed to the retail price of $160.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.