Stalling Problem

7 replies to this topic
  • mjlang

Posted March 27, 2005 - 09:25 AM

This is a wierd one...

When I turn my 650R handlebars completely to the right at idle, the bike stalls. I've checked the cable routing and it is fine, no binding. The entire carb/throttle assembly has been apart a few times for maintenance and upgrades.

I've looked at any possible electrical issues, but that is not possible since the bike continues to run if I'm adding some RPM's when I turn the handlebars.

I'm going to put an Edelbrock on my pig soon so this issue may go away but for now, it's really odd.

• frankstr

Posted March 27, 2005 - 09:49 AM

Check your throttle free play,You may need to adjust it, About a 1/4 inch I believe...

• Max Power

Posted March 27, 2005 - 10:16 AM

I had the same problem and finally traced it to a routing problem with the decompression cable. When I turned the handle bars it would put a little tension on the cable and stop the engine but only at idle.

• big t

Posted March 27, 2005 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, I had that problem once also. It was the decompression cable on mine too. It doesn't take much movement if it is out of adjustment.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mjlang

Posted March 27, 2005 - 04:29 PM

Decomp lever... that's a great suggestion, I'll check it. THANKS!!

• Roll_it_on

Posted March 27, 2005 - 05:25 PM

Let us know if that was it. Mine did the same thing and it took me a while to figure it out since it only did it very rarely.

• mjlang

Posted April 06, 2005 - 09:10 PM

My stalling issue was in fact the decomp lever being pulled ever so slightly in a full right turn. All I needed to do was move my clutch perch inboard about .5 inch and I was set.

• Roll_it_on

Posted April 07, 2005 - 05:37 AM

Got to love the simple fixes :naughty: :naughty:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.