if you take you bowl off how full should it be..

2 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted October 29, 2000 - 12:10 PM

checking out everything on my carb...
when I took off the bowl it was clear to the top, plus a little bit leaked out when I took it apart.. just a little...
also when I turn the throttle to check the acc pump it squirts from about an 1/8 to full throttle is this correct..
my breather hoses or over flow hoses you could blow through but had some restriction..
HELP HELP HELP....I'M GOING NUTSSSSSSS

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted October 29, 2000 - 09:37 PM

Fred: The high float bowl level could certainly explain your constant plug fouling problem. If the bowl level gets too high, excess fuel could be forced thru the pilot jet instead of having the venturi do it as it's designed to do. If this is the problem, either the float needle valve is leaking through, or the float tang needs to be bent so that it closes the valve properly. Page 4-11 of the manual explains how to do this.

• James_Dean

Posted October 30, 2000 - 08:30 AM

The accelerator pump sounds OK, starting to pump not less than 1/8 throttle.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.