dvp 5# 45 pilot 168 main 2 turns out 4 miles fouled plug..

2 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted October 29, 2000 - 07:35 AM

well first i tried the needle at 4# seemed to run good but dead spot on the bottom..
so I moved to the 5# went for a ride to me it was runing good till I got on some rough stuff then the plug fouled..

Ok now does this make sence to anyone....
Now that I think about it I seem to have lots of problems when I practice on a mx track or I'm on bumpy ground is there something that could cause my bike to foul plugs because of bumps..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted October 29, 2000 - 09:02 AM

Did the pilot screw need to be turned back in a little when you switched to the richer clip?? To about 2 turns sounded OK. :)

The float level can increase with the shaking around and bouncing. Clark has suggested lowering it by 1mm which is a good idea.

Are you confident the accelerator pump has enough delay, starts squirting between 1/8 and 1/4 throttle. (talked about it before, I know)
Are any overflow tubes clogged?

Fouling the plug sucks. :D

James Dean

[This message has been edited by James Dean (edited 11-02-2000).]

• fred

Posted October 29, 2000 - 11:03 AM

I turned the screw to 2 turns out before I left.....
I'll have to check everything again..
It won't hurt to lower the float 1mm...
I'll try that also...
my slide is about a .5 inch open when it starts to squirt gas...
If everything seems good in the carb I'll move the clip back to 4# try that....
If I was to yz time my bike would that help It to burn the fuel better...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.