02 426 Oil Level queuestion...

4 replies to this topic
  • Daz_426_02

Posted March 25, 2005 - 07:34 AM

Hello all, I went to take my bike out for a ride today and before i went i checked the oil level, it seemed a bit low (just touching the dip stick) so i threw a bit of clean oil into the bike where the dip stick goes in. Before i left the level was at the halfway mark on the dip stick.

After riding for about an hour i pulled up and turned off the bike and noticed there was a small amount of cream colored oil that was dripping out of the breather hose on the left side of the bike. The fist thing i did was pull the dip stick out and checked it and the oil was up to the full mark and was still nice and clean, not cream colored.

Could this be caused by excess oil maybe being in the dry sump when the bike was last run? Which cased excess oil in the system and was simply blown out?

Any help is much appreciated

• Matt96xr6

Posted March 25, 2005 - 08:19 AM

You ahve to start the bike for at least a minute at idle, then let it set for a minute. THen check the oil. the 2002 calls for 1400cc of oil.

some oil out the breather is normal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Daz_426_02

Posted March 25, 2005 - 08:35 AM

Ok great, thanks for the info.

• rich-tenerife

Posted March 25, 2005 - 04:28 PM

Hi Daz 426 , this is my first post, so here go,s. The vent pipe that exits the
rocker cover, and is fastened to the lower engine cover(Left handside near foot peg).
Releases hot oil vapour and small amounts of oil, As soon as it leaves the engine it cool rapidly mixes with atmospheric moisture and this results in an emulisfyed oil dripping from the vent pipe.

My Yamaha Wr426 02, Will ,after a good thrashing on a cold morning, leave a few drop of this creamy oil, when left to stand.
Don,t worry about it.

• Daz_426_02

Posted March 26, 2005 - 10:01 AM

Thats a relief :)

Thanks Rich

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.