Rekluse Z-Start You got one?

5 replies to this topic
  • FOX426

Posted March 25, 2005 - 06:15 AM

How many hours have you put on it, and how is it holding up? Any problems,wear on it or other parts it relates to? I have about 30 hours on mine. The gasket is starting to leak just a tad; however this could be from my installation. Overall do you think it will last the life of the bike?

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 25, 2005 - 07:00 AM

How many hours have you put on it, and how is it holding up? Any problems,wear on it or other parts it relates to? I have about 30 hours on mine. The gasket is starting to leak just a tad; however this could be from my installation. Overall do you think it will last the life of the bike?

I have had mine for wellover a year now, No issues what so ever. I opted for the Zstart Clutch cover, I did not trust putting 3 gaskets on plus The cover loks cool :)

Yes I think it will last the life of the bike, I wil be replacing the Plates hopefully before the WCTT this year, but the bike is a 2000 as well

Overall I am impressed with the Clutch and wish I had made the switch along time ago Now

• flyaway

Posted March 25, 2005 - 08:51 AM

I think the Zstart clutch cover is a good idea. Those gaskets on mine are starting to leak on mine as well. I have about 20 hours on mine and am still trying to work out the kills and stalls. I am enjoying the back brake lever on the left handle bar. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02YZ426

Posted March 25, 2005 - 10:03 AM

Whats the deal with this clutch anyway? added performance? do you still need a clutch lever?

• FOX426

Posted March 25, 2005 - 11:26 AM

I don't think it is nessecary. I like the clutch for starts and on a mx track once in awhile I need to bulld revs to clear a jump;ie: out of a corner. For the trail I very rarely use the clutch. Mostly for show. I don't advertise that I have an auto clutch. I want the guys to think I'm that good. :)

• FOX426

Posted March 25, 2005 - 11:28 AM

How much is the cover and does it come with its own gasket?

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.