Steering question

2 replies to this topic
  • tnl

Posted March 24, 2005 - 06:20 PM

I replaced my bars recently because I bent my stock renthals and noticed that after installation the bars are still off center to the right with the tire centered. I used a punch to loosen the steering assembly after I loosened the stem nut and loosened it to make the adjustment (tire between the legs facing the front of the bike procedure) but it didn't seem to move at all? Looks a little like the top tube clamp might be tweaked? Is that possible? Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted March 24, 2005 - 07:38 PM

Tighten back up the steering stem. Slightly loosen the clamps on the forks and give it a good solid turn left and right all the way to the stops. Should be mostly strait, then retorque the fork clamps. USE A TORQUE WRENCH!

• yzfmxer

Posted March 24, 2005 - 09:28 PM

yeah, what he said. Your forks are probaly in a bind. just loosen up all the pinch bolts and re align everthing

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.