650R rear pegs now available....

15 replies to this topic
  • Fingers

Posted March 24, 2005 - 01:31 AM

from Baja Designs for you 650R dual-sporters. They were on backorder while they were re-designed because of problems with the first design. I received mine yesterday and they seem well thought out (and light).

• TimBrp

Posted March 24, 2005 - 04:46 AM

SWEET! Thanks!

• motart

Posted March 24, 2005 - 05:55 AM

pics-pics-pics-please

• jws

Posted March 24, 2005 - 07:01 AM

from Baja Designs for you 650R dual-sporters. They were on backorder while they were re-designed because of problems with the first design. I received mine yesterday and they seem well thought out (and light).

do you know what the problems were????? the ones i saw on kritters bike looked like they hit the swingarm? i have a set of the first ones out and there is no way they could hit the swingarm on my bike :)

thanks, jeff

• TimBrp

Posted March 24, 2005 - 07:17 AM

I think there was an issue with mounting and the older ones were weak. They snapped at times. Sucks to be a passenger....LOL

• frankstr

Posted March 24, 2005 - 07:21 AM

Any pic's of them installed would be cool :)

• jws

Posted March 24, 2005 - 09:22 AM

I think there was an issue with mounting and the older ones were weak. They snapped at times. Sucks to be a passenger....LOL

i have had mine for a couple of years now and used to use them to take my boy to school and back :)

Has anyone broke a set besides kritter?????? did they hit the swingarm or just break because they were to weak to support a passenger?

• hurricane jonny

Posted March 24, 2005 - 01:57 PM

I would throw a set on. How much?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Docmarkw

Posted March 24, 2005 - 09:36 PM

I too would like to know what was wrong with the original design. I've had a pair for about 1 year now and so far they have been great. Any way to beef up the weak spots?

• bork

Posted March 25, 2005 - 06:57 PM

Will they fit a xr600r 1994?

• InternalCombustion

Posted March 28, 2005 - 12:13 PM

Okay, I'm stupid: I just went though Baja Designs site and cannot find these pegs anywhere... yeah, they changed their web layout and maybe that's confusing my 50-something brain, but a url would help.

Thanks.

• Kritter

Posted March 28, 2005 - 06:38 PM

I utilized ther billet foot rests but made the aluminum mount out of steel and angled it so it didnt hit the swingarm anymore which caused breakage...

• Fingers

Posted March 28, 2005 - 08:02 PM

To find the pegs on the Baja Designs site select the custom products link and you will see them. http://www.bajadesig...tomproducts.htm
Or cut and paste this link.
Fingers

• x thread

Posted October 02, 2005 - 10:16 PM

at a 132:00 dollars apiece don't look like i will have any passengers unless they bring their own !!!!!!

• Jolly705

Posted October 03, 2005 - 07:16 AM

Damn that is expensive!! They can keep them for 260 a set.

• qadsan

Posted October 03, 2005 - 07:32 AM

The $132 each is for each 'set', which is a pair. It's still expensive IMO, but there are few choices out there. I know others have had good luck with their BD pegs, but mine came with the wrong hardware, missing hardware and the machine work was not accurate. One of the pegs worked just fine, but the other one was sloppy loose and the detent ball wasn't able to keep the peg up all the time, which was extremely dangerous because the peg would drop down after landing from a jump. There was no Q/A with my kit and it came directly from BD this way :banghead:.

Four Stroke Works also makes a set of buddy pegs for the 650R (http://www.fourstrokeworks.com/). They cost $130 for the set, also not cheap. I like the looks of the BD pegs better and placement wise they're perfect for my wife.

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.