CDI box and throttle positioning sensor

1 reply to this topic
  • bevo0611

Posted March 23, 2005 - 06:16 PM

I have a buddy who has a 02 yz426f and he was having problems with it bogging down when he would give it some throttle. After checking the carb he finally broke down and took it to the local shop. $300.00 later they are telling him he needs a CDI box and a throttle positioning sensor and its going to cost him another $300.00 or so. Has anyone had this problem before, does this sound right? I figure they could have maybe started there and saved him a couple of hours of labor charges.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted March 24, 2005 - 04:26 PM

The TPS isnt even necessary. The CDI might be the culprit, if the part number is the same for a 2000, I have one I would sell for say 25.00 you pay shipping. Actually the box is probably the same with a different ignition curve.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.