Perhaps a different type of tire question

7 replies to this topic
  • TXBRP

Posted March 23, 2005 - 06:08 AM

I have a dual sported BRP and will need to change the rear tire soon. The current Dunlop feels pretty squirrelly when cornering on the streets. I want to stay with an aggresive tire as possible. Are there any that are better than others when cornering like this?

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 23, 2005 - 07:15 AM

The Terraflex isn't too bad on cornering- just needs about 10-30 miles to 'break-in'.

Dave

• TimBrp

Posted March 23, 2005 - 07:46 AM

The terraflex is mean and grips but it will rub the exhaust, swingarm, mudguard etc. and eventually cost you money. If you want good grip, wear, and street manners I'd suggest the Maxxis Maxxcross IT. Go for the 120x100x18 if you want a better tread path. I got 500 miles out of one and no other tire has come close that bites as good.

• ghoti

Posted March 23, 2005 - 08:15 AM

The terraflex is mean and grips but it will rub the exhaust, swingarm, mudguard etc. and eventually cost you money. If you want good grip, wear, and street manners I'd suggest the Maxxis Maxxcross IT. Go for the 120x100x18 if you want a better tread path. I got 500 miles out of one and no other tire has come close that bites as good.

Yiles! I'd be changing tires twice a month at 500 miles per. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • neduro

Posted March 23, 2005 - 10:01 AM

Yiles! I'd be changing tires twice a month at 500 miles per. :)

What do you run? Aside from dualsport use, I'm thrilled with 500 miles of wear... usually go through a tire a weekend when on that bike. :)

• TimBrp

Posted March 23, 2005 - 10:42 AM

I agree neduro. People post their chain, sprocket, and tire wear on here and I think Hondas got something against me. However, I toss the tire once it's 50% gone anyhow. I feel on this bike, their useless unless the knobs are 50% of greater due to wheelspin. Have you tried the Maxxis? I was a diehard Dunflop fan until I did. The IT hucks rocks!

• ghoti

Posted March 23, 2005 - 01:12 PM

I see, it's a hijack.

I run a Kenda k270. I got about 4000 on the last rear. Not bad in the dirt. Not great on the street. You know, Dual sport.

• Husky_Forever

Posted March 23, 2005 - 04:49 PM

I like the D606 rear for street/trail usage. The Maixis look good too. Steny

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.