PowerBomb Question - MX vs. SX

6 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted March 22, 2005 - 08:32 PM

The guy at the local parts shop was in a good mood today and gave me a good deal on a PowerBomb header...$140. Anyway, I forgot to ask him if it was an SX or an MX. Is there anyway to tell by looking at it? I was going to call back tomorrow, but the guy who sold it to me is off tomorrow. Thanks kids...SC

• Texas4play

Posted March 23, 2005 - 05:52 AM

No love for Steve guys? .....bump.....

• ncmountainman

Posted March 23, 2005 - 06:26 AM

if its the newer version (without springs that holds it on) i don't think there is a choice anymore,because the last time i ordered one there was only one available. but i could be wrong :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AUS_WR450

Posted March 23, 2005 - 06:47 AM

I am pretty sure that there is no codes on the header itself, but if you still have the box it came in, have a look at the part number
044033 is the MX
044031 is the SX.

I have just bought the SX version here in Sydney, as it gave me more power down low

• clark4131

Posted March 23, 2005 - 07:13 AM

No box with this one. It was hanging on the wall with the other exhaust goodies...SC

• kirkw

Posted March 23, 2005 - 09:27 AM

I think the inner diameter is a bit smaller on the SX vs. the MX. Probably can't tell from looking at it. Mine had no numbers or way to tell on the header itself...

• clark4131

Posted March 23, 2005 - 12:50 PM

According to FMF, the MX i.d is 1 5/8 whille the SX is 1 1/2...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.