wr400 too slow

21 replies to this topic
  • Dan_from_HB

Posted March 23, 2005 - 08:04 PM

He actually was a freak about changing the oil he kept a log and everything. He change oil at every 100 miles or every 2 months and he would start the bike every month in the winter to lube it up.. He had a wr 426 he rode mostly. His wife rode this bike some and he used it to go up trails.

Does the stock pipe with the baffle or whatever its called, removed make about the same power as say an fmf or white bros. I just was curious, because I've heard people say uncorked its really loud but makes about as much power as any pipe.

sorry about all the questions. Its just that when funds are limited its a good idea to do a lot of research. Thanks.

Sounds like you have a little work to do, but it's not likely you'll find a better deal, so it's probably worth it.
Open stock silencer is probably not too far off the aftermarket pipes, but it is much louder than most.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trickwarrior

Posted March 24, 2005 - 09:05 AM

My 99 wr 400 has all the free mods and is a true ripper. I rode this past weekend with a buddy that has a 95 cr250 with new top end and he was eating dust all day. The power delivery is different than the 2 stroke like we all know but power is only good when you can put it to the ground. The WR has tons of usable power. It is a little heavy in the front but the power will pick that front end up NP. Buy the WR and don't look back!! Maybe just to see the unsuspecting buddy on the CR250. Good luck :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.