YZ 426 02 UK Riders

15 replies to this topic
  • Daz_426_02

Posted March 22, 2005 - 03:40 PM

Hello all,
Just wanted to find out if there are any 426 owners here who are based in the United Kingdom?

Many thanks
Daz

• cabage

Posted March 26, 2005 - 12:46 AM

Hello mate, same bike, same year, based in Bristol, what can I do for you??

• rich-tenerife

Posted March 26, 2005 - 05:10 AM

Hi Daz, i have a WR426 02, nearly the same.I am english but live and ride in
spain at the moment.Any questions or chat, drop me a line.

• Daz_426_02

Posted March 26, 2005 - 09:48 AM

Cool, where is the best place to do some serious trail riding? As i am based in north London there isnt too many places round here.

Also have you done the cam mod's on your bikes? Ive got my cam on order and will be doing the work this coming weekend.

Daz

• cabage

Posted March 26, 2005 - 10:05 AM

Hello mate, my bike is pretty standard with only a DR. D hotstart added. I got it registered myself so it is road legal, but with day time MOT only. As for riding places I read that a new indoor supercross track had opened up in London some where, best bet is get Trials and Motocross news, a list of all practice tracks in there, quite a few up the M4 corridor. Not sure about green laning in London, could be interesting though!!!! :)

• Goosedog

Posted March 26, 2005 - 05:42 PM

I ride an '02 YZ426 and I'm a Monty-Python fan, does that count?

• Daz_426_02

Posted March 27, 2005 - 01:57 AM

Haha, no only if you are a Mr Bean fan it counts :)

• Goosedog

Posted March 27, 2005 - 12:33 PM

Seeing Mr Bean with a turkey stuck on his head was a life changing experience for me. :naughty: I love it all, from The Hitchhikers Guide to Fawlty Towers. British humor is the best. :naughty: :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gmiles

Posted March 27, 2005 - 01:21 PM

Hi Daz, yep I'm in the UK. I've got a '00 426. You should try Ashdown. Its a mix of motocross and enduro.

• jonnykay

Posted March 27, 2005 - 02:05 PM

Hi guys.I have just purchased my 1st 4 banger and i have come across a few probs.I have owned many 2 strokes and consider myself pretty good on the running of these bikes.The bike I have bought is a YZ 426 fully converted to Supermoto (Road Legal) and it is awesome.The problem i have is i struggle to start it once it has stopped,it has got a proper hot start yet it still will not fire straight away.Also do u run it on Shell Optimax for better performance as the last owner said it ran brill on this juice.The bike has got a FMF exhaust and quite a few extras and to be quite honest sounds fantastic.Hope u can help me on this subject and I will gladly pass on any info if I can help u.By the way i have got loads of spares for sale.
Cheers Jonny

• Crabtree426

Posted March 27, 2005 - 10:03 PM

Hello all,
Just wanted to find out if there are any 426 owners here who are based in the United Kingdom?

Many thanks
Daz

Are you close to Lester by chance? My buddy lives there and he's coming here to Ohio in 18 days to stay for 3 months. He's a motorcycle mechanic so I can't wait until he gets here. He's going to run through my motor while i'm at work. I can see if he knows of anywhere.

• Daz_426_02

Posted March 28, 2005 - 05:01 AM

Us UK based people are jealous of the US and Canadian's riding terrain...
I'm based in north London so not too many places hence converting mine to street legal. hmmm urban motocross...

Gmiles where about is Ashdown? Also you guys who have road legal bikes, what tail pipes are you using?

Jonny, you should get the Cam mod if you dont like the starting method of the current setup. I have ordered the Hot Cam which has a Auto Decomp built in so you kick it like a two-stroke. There is also the 450 cam mod wich is the first thread on this forum.

Also what items do you have for sale as im always interested :naughty:

• jamieyz426f01

Posted May 17, 2006 - 04:46 AM

Heres a few tracks Daz , a couple of enduro types aswell :ride:click

• essex426

Posted May 17, 2006 - 08:27 AM

Heres a few tracks Daz , a couple of enduro types aswell :ride:click

Good answer, but the original post was 22/3/05.And Essex Off Road Experience is no longer there. It's called essex MX now, a new track (good). mxtrax has a more current track listing.

• 2wheels-drz

Posted May 17, 2006 - 02:00 PM

u guys should really join www.visordown.com similar idea to TT but everyone is english, and there loads more people who post all the time, check out the supermoto and offroad section for 426 guys....

• chris 426f

Posted June 01, 2006 - 06:27 AM

i have a yz426f from wales and i need places to ride

:applause:

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.