2004 YZ450F Rear Shock Adjustment (TOOL)

5 replies to this topic
  • Toobold30

Posted March 22, 2005 - 03:10 PM

:) Hey guys,

I was just looking at adjusting my shock sag today. I don't know if i can really work with a shock wrench in there. Also is it ok to use a punch? Thanks for the help and all information is greatly appriciated..Thanks

• curtains23

Posted March 22, 2005 - 03:32 PM

Do the job properly because if you don't at sometime it will come back and bite you on the ass, take what ever you need off to get at it, and do the job to the best of your capabilities.
Curtains23

• tom_dappert

Posted March 23, 2005 - 06:54 PM

You can use a punch for the lock nut. If you spray some W.D. 40 on the shock body you can get your hand in there and turn the spring by hand. (The adjusting nut will turn with the spring). Put the bike on a stand or have someone hold up the rear and it turns pretty easy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tnl

Posted March 23, 2005 - 10:04 PM

Ditto!

• Toobold30

Posted March 24, 2005 - 12:38 AM

Thanks guys..i will give you some feed back when i do this...Once again thanks

• DoctorRzed

Posted March 24, 2005 - 03:45 AM

When adjusting the sag I took the airbox out giving me ample room to adjust the sag easily :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.