05' starter parts

1 reply to this topic
  • dbone

Posted March 22, 2005 - 11:49 AM

Does any body know if the 05' starter parts are the same as the 04' parts?I have a friend at school who is not impressed with his starter and may want to get rid of it all together...Should would be nice to have the e-button back,I have the 03' and I removed the idler gear just to be on the safe side.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetbikePimp

Posted March 22, 2005 - 04:39 PM

Yes, all the parts associated with the starter are exactly the same between 2004 & 2005.

Yamaha has great OEM schematics on there website to compare part numbers. LINK

To install the 2005 parts in your 2003, you will need to purchase a special bushing to install on your bike so the damper gear will fit. Do a search in the WR450 forum.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.