YZ to WR?????

4 replies to this topic
  • trickwarrior

Posted March 22, 2005 - 11:22 AM

Hey gang, Just got my 99wr a few weeks ago and loved it so much my father-inlaw went out and got a 99yz yesterday. The question is what does it take to put a wr headlight on the yz? He is only interested in the headlight for off road use. Does the wr headlight bolt up? No, does anyone make a headlight kit for it aftermarket? Thanks :)

• ISBB

Posted March 22, 2005 - 01:53 PM

if memory serves me right you could use the flywheel and stator outta wr and that woudl work... or you can search.. cuz i have seen a few options as far as lighting systems go around here..

and i dont believe it will bolt right up.. there was something just a tad diffrent about the triple clamps that wouldnt let it bolt up..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted March 22, 2005 - 03:10 PM

You can easily find a headlight from an after market company for a good price. It's the lighting system that's not gonna be cheap

• StreetbikePimp

Posted March 22, 2005 - 04:21 PM

https://www.bajadesigns.com

They make dual sport kits, and just plain lighting kits.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted March 22, 2005 - 05:12 PM

www.elextrexusa.com has the WR stator and flywheel for about $300
You will also need a voltage regulator about $20.
Then a headlight. An acerbis one will cost ya around $75.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.