Resetting the Odo

7 replies to this topic
  • Mark_M

Posted October 27, 2000 - 04:51 PM

Do I have the only bike without an odo reset button? It takes forever to crank it back for resets. Am I overlooking the obvious?

• Bryan Bosch

Posted October 27, 2000 - 05:01 PM

Good question Mark. I wondered the same thing! :)

• Redbird87

Posted October 27, 2000 - 08:42 PM

I am almost positive there is no reset on the WR400. At least not on mine or my brothers WR400.

It seems so incredibly odd the manufacturers of this high-tech machine of superior quality would not put more thought into such creature comforts as a resettable odometer.

Happy Sickleing.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 29, 2000 - 06:42 PM

if your cordless doesn't spin fast enough for ya, I believe a Dremmel tachs out at 10,000+ rpm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_M

Posted October 31, 2000 - 05:02 PM

That's it, I'll just put by black&decker cordless screwdriver in my enduro jacket and use a little rubber hose "adapter" to reset the odo.... Why didn't I think of that???

• Redbird87

Posted October 31, 2000 - 07:04 PM

Any suggestions on how to reconfigure the electrical system to power the high speed dremel tool. :)

• Mark_M

Posted November 08, 2000 - 03:07 PM

Hey Redbird,
I tried to reconfig my stator to run the dremel but I fried the windings.... anyway, since I'm running the baja designs DS kit, I got the idea to put a small 120v power inverter into my fanny pack and wire it into my battery. Now I just hook the inverter (carried in my fanny pack) up to the dremel tool(I carry that in my enduro jacket) and rev the engine to about 8,000 rpm, then hook the dremel up to the odo to rewind back to the reset. It's easy and it Works Great! :)

• Rob_in_Madison_WI

Posted November 08, 2000 - 05:32 PM

See my post "knuckle relief" on 11/6 regarding your question. Looks like some other folks came up with the same idea. Must be either a case of "great minds think alike" or patent infringement! :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.